If you want to identify font in image then there are many methods to do it, but in this article, I will tell you some easy tricks that actually work. So read this article completely to learn this easy trick and I am sure you goona fall in love with this trick.
Why do we need to identify font in image?
Many of the times we find a random image which has a beautiful font but since we don’t know about that font that’s why we are unable to use it. Graphic designers love using the new font but many of the times they are not able to get a good one. But then they look on an image which has a beautiful font but because of lack of knowledge, they are not able to get that font.
If you are a graphic designer and you want to know about an images font then read this article fully.
How to identify font from image using photoshop?
So if you want to identify font in photo then follow the steps written below:-
- Download the image in which you want to identify the font.
- Open Adobe Photoshop CS 6 or any other version of it on your computer and open the image using the software.
- In this trick, we are going to use the Rectangular marquee tool (Keyboard shortcut is M) and draw a rectangle around the font in which you want to identify the font.
- Now from the toolbar select Type > Match Font, this feature is not available in the older version of Adobe Photoshop.
- You can now either pick from the fonts already installed on your computer or download matching ones from the Web.
Identify font using a paid website?
Follow the steps written below to identify the text:-
- Open a web browser and go to MyFont.
- This is one of the best sites to find a font from an image.
- But many of the fonts here are paid and that’s why only a few people know about this amazing website. If you too know about this website then let me know in the comments.
- Now upload the photo or image on this website to know about the font.
- Now, this website will find the area where there is text. And it will generate all the text area.
- Place the box in the area where you found your font.
- After this click below on the aero to find the font.
- This time it will generate all the fonts which match that text.
- Facebook image search | Finding Profile from an Image (2019)
- Redmi K20 Pro Review | Flagship @ 27,999
- Sony A6400 Review: An amazing choice at $898 – PsTechTips
Identify font using a free website?
Again follow the steps written below to identify the text:-
- Download the photo/image or copy the URL where the photo is hosted.
- Go to the website name Font Squirrel.
- Click on Upload image if you have the photo on your computer, if not, click an image URL and paste the URL of the image/photo.
- Now crop the image to highlight the text on the image/photo or just drag the blue borders so that the box covers just the text on the image/photo.
- Now click Matcherate It and after that, it will find the font for you.
- You will see a bunch of options below the image. You can select the correct font and either download or purchase it from the websites mentioned there but I will recommend to download it free, if not then buy it from other site because it will cost you less than Font Squirrel . Select the Font Squirrel below the image to see only free fonts.
That’s all for this article, If you want to read more articles like this then tell me the topics in the comment and I will try to write about that article.